My 28 in 28
- Try hot yoga.
Hike Torrey Pines.Check! June 2012
- Hike Joshua Tree.
- Do a yoga month (4 weeks, 4 studios, yoga everyday)
- Take a day trip to LA to do touristy stuff.
- Complete Couch to 5k program and run a 5k in 30 mins. or less.
- Read 1 new book a month. (suggestions?)
- Pay off my Citi credit card.
- Take an anniversary trip with Ty.
- Cook 1 new recipe a week.
- Blog once a week on both blogs. (here and my new one http://jessgreensd.wordpress.com/)
Apply for my Master's degree.Done! 2/28/2012
- Go to 1 networking event per month. (starting tonight with YNPN San Diego!)
- Take a train trip.
- Complete Katy Widrick's blog homework.
- Unplug completely one weekend a month.
Go to a Padres game.Check! 7/21/2012
- Find my State Park Passport and visit 5 state parks.
- Go to the farmer's market twice a month.
- Donate $10 a month to a different charity. (I'll be posting about this on my Jess Green blog next week)
- Take a conversational Spanish class.
- Learn to make really good homemade bread.
- Host a dinner party for more than 4 people.
- Go whale watching.
- Do 28 military pushups. (Right now I can do 5, maybe...)
- Make a list of 28 movies to watch. (recommendations please!)
- Completely declutter and organize our apartment.
- Call or Skype with our family and at least one far away friend every week.
To explain the yoga month, I miss my yoga studio back in VA :( so I thought it would be fun to take advantage of the free week of yoga that most studios offer during back to back weeks for one month. That way I can check out a few different studios and try a variety of types of yoga. I had a few criteria for the studios, mainly that they are either near our apartment or on the way to work. I've got the 4 studios picked out already, so now I just need to pick the month to do it! It'll be interesting, 2 of them are hot yoga (which I've never done, see #1) and 2 are "regular" yoga.
I think I like setting specific, to do list type of goals versus big overall goals like "eat healthier" or "be more mindful." I really like the action of physically crossing things of a list, and I actually wrote these goals down on paper too so I could do just that!
I'm working on the book and movie lists so if you have any suggestions let me know!